Hold the polish!
Be still my little green heart!
Pretty Serious Blood of Knossos is the kind of olive green that makes my heart race like it wants to place first at the finish line.
If I weren’t a blogger, I’d probably wear Blood of Knossos for several weeks straight.
Plus I get an internal giggle anticipating someone asking me what’s on my nails, just so I can reply in a deadpan manner, “Blood!”
A lot of green nail polish has landed at Swatch And Learn Headquarters, so it takes a special one to make this nailphile turn her head.
If you like martian manicures (maybe that’s what I’ll call green nails from now on) like I do, this is a serious must-have in your collection!
P.S. There’s still time to enter my 5th blogiversary giveaway for your chance to win 12 nail polishes! 🙂 Remember to get your entry in by August 7 for it to count.
Pretty Serious Blood of Knossos Pictures
Pretty Serious Blood of Knossos Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of Pretty Serious Blood of Knossos
- Rica Glossy Glam Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Green (Yes)
- Name: Pretty Serious Blood of Knossos
- Collection: Pretty Serious Naileontology Collection
- Press Release: Click here to see the official Pretty Serious Naileontology Collection press release about the 3 new shades!
- Quick Look: Click here to see my Quick Look post on the 3 new colours added to the Naileontology Collection!
- Colours Available in the Collection: Blood of Knossos, Ichi Hanami, The Crimson Pearl, Khepri’s Amulet, The Dragon’s Curse & Eye of Copernicus
- Amount: 11 mL (0.37 oz)
- Retail Price: $9.95 AUD
- Disclosure: This was provided as a press sample by Pretty Serious Cosmetics.
- Where to Buy: Pretty Serious Cosmetics website, Harlow & Co. website & Mei Mei’s Signatures website
Pretty Serious Blood of Knossos Review
Due to its olive-green personality, Blood of Knossos by Pretty Serious has a retro personality. But the overall appearance is far from ho-hum or dated.
There’s a ‘swampiness’ to it that cradles my nails and sings them a sweet lullaby before tucking them into bed.
Colours like this fall in my Comfort Zone, and I could never get sick of them. Greens like this are relaxing, but still exciting – a fun ‘see-saw’ to wear!
The light-green shimmer ignites tranquility like flickering embers in a fireplace that are given their second wind.
Application & Formula
Blood of Knossos by Pretty Serious applies like a dream you have while sleeping on a luxurious California King top-of-the-line mattress.
It goes on so smoothly with lots of pigment. One coat laid down a lot of colour, and I only added a second coat out of habit.
This is the type of polish that seems to apply itself. You don’t have to work hard and sing for your supper with this one. (That’s a good thing because I ain’t a songbird, and I have cracked enough windows after trying to hit that high E above middle C.) 😉
If you’re making conscious shopping choices to steer clear of the Big-3 chemicals in your nail polish (i.e. Formaldehyde, Toluene, and DBP), you’ll be relieved to know that all Pretty Serious nail polishes are formulated without those nasty ingredients. Additionally, they also don’t contain Formaldehyde Resin.
You’ll also be pleased to know that Pretty Serious nail polishes are vegan and cruelty-free, so you can enjoy pretty nails without any guilt.
Final Verdict: 10/10
Yes – 100%!
Blood of Knossos by Pretty Serious is a pure winner! I’m so impressed with it, and I highly recommend that, if you enjoy green nail polishes, you try this one.
The colour and finish are beautiful, but the excellent formula makes it a must-have!
If you could design your own green nail polish, what would it look like? What does Blood of Knossos make you think of when you first saw it?