As polite as a curtsy in a 1900s ballroom and as captivating as a graceful ballerina’s fouetté, in comes the Zoya Charming Collection for Spring 2017!
Surprisingly, although I’m a green lover, the purples (Abby, Tina and Millie) stole the show for me.
- Abby is a great transition hue because the whisper-soft lavender is white-based and wintry, yet has enough saturation to keep the Easter bunny hopping.
- Tina is a medium purple private dancer on your nails with a youthful spirit that’s simply the best when you need a pick-me-up. (Bonus points for those who saw what I did there.)
- Millie is the showgirl in Vegas with an extravagant sequin mini dress accented with oversized feathers! In every lighting condition, this shimmery plum catches the light and takes centre stage without hesitation.
- Amira is reminiscent of the scales on a mermaid’s tail that shimmer softly yet with gusto as the sun kisses them with summer dreams.
- Lacey is a muted sage that twinkles like it’s full of little stars amidst a nail-polish sky. (Even if you’re not as big of a fan of green as I am, this could be your gateway green. Hehe!)
- Jordan is a bubblegum pink that has a princess personality. If it was a person, it would wear a seven-layer tulle ballgown with satin corset to the prom.
Let’s talk about the formula. It’s not always just about the colour. Substance versus beauty. Even though I’m willing to put in more effort for a tricky formula if the colour is a showstopper, the less effort I need to exert, the better.
I’m happy to report that the formula for all of these shades is great! They are easy to work with, and you can build up opacity quickly.
In all of my swatches, I used two coats of colour and no top coat. (For these quick collection swatches, I don’t use a top coat, so you can see the finish of the polish by itself. For future in-depth reviews on individual colours, I always wear a top coat, unless it’s a textured polish that’s designed to be worn solo, of course.)
I applied a thin first coat and then a generous second coat. The cremes are solid at this point. For the shimmers, you could apply a third coat if you want to intensify the colour, but I was very happy with the second coat.
See the rest of this post for a closer look at each swatch, as well as bottle shots and the official press release (to give you details about the colour story).
There are six shades in the Zoya Charming Collection:
Zoya Charming Collection Pictures
Zoya Charming Collection Swatches
Artificial Light Photos
Zoya Charming Collection Press Release
ZOYA CHARMING – SPRING 2017
Spring arrives with six new nail colours from Zoya including three fresh creams and three dewy micro-sparkles. All in the long-wearing two coat, full-coverage, 10FREE* formula nail polish lovers love.
Plus, three coordinating Zoya Lipstick hues!
ZOYA NAIL POLISH – $10 USD each
- Jordan (ZP886): a soft blossom pink cream.
- Abby (ZP887): a light lavender cream.
- Tina (ZP888): a medium amethyst cream.
- Millie (ZP889): a dewy violet micro-sparkle.
- Lacey (ZP890): a light dewy green micro-sparkle.
- Amira (ZP891): a soft dewy blue micro-sparkle.
ZOYA PERFECT LIPSTICK – $12 USD each
- Belle (ZLS13): a hydrating soft pink with gold shimmer frost finish.
- Brooke (ZLS09): a hydrating mauve with magenta pink pearl effect.
- NEW Violette (ZLS14): an amethyst purple in a hydrating cream formula.
ZOYA CHARMING COLLECTION AVAILABLE FEBRUARY 1, 2017
*10 FREE FORMULA: Formulated without Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, Dibutyl Phthalate, Toluene, Camphor, TPHP, Parabens, Xylene, Ethyl Tosylamide and Lead
Disclosure: This post contains press samples provided by PR.
What are you looking forward to this spring? Which is your favourite shade in the Zoya Charming Collection? Have you tried any of the Zoya lipsticks? (If not, you might want to check out a review I did on two Zoya lipsticks.)
These are all beautiful polishes and they look awesome on you as always. I’m really liking Abby, Tina, and Jordan. I’m curious to find out if there is a dupe for any of those 3, do you know? Thanks again for having such an wonderful site!!!
Your descriptions for the polishes were absolutely amazing and creative this time around! I mean, they usually are but I particularly enjoyed reading them this time :]
I think I am in love with pretty much all of these polishes! Especially those shimmers, wowza, I could stare at them for a million years. Absolutely gorgeous!
For me Lacey and Amira is the winners in this collection.
This is such a lovely spring collection!
Glamorousnails23 recently posted: EnjoyOurs MR-03 Stamping Plate Review + Nail Art
I’m really loving Lacey and Abby! Beautiful swatches <3