OPI Spoken from the Heart hails from the Hello Kitty Collection, and it looks like the vibrant candy that you might see in a gumball machine at Ye Olde Soda Shoppe.
Pulling at my nail’s heartstrings like an expert harp player, OPI Spoken from the Heart is a pink that leans coral! But don’t worry; you won’t have to dive deep into a tropical ocean to experience the beauty of this pretty coral!
It’s even more gorgeous in person, and the way it pops is nothing short of love, sweet love!
OPI Spoken from the Heart Pictures
OPI Spoken from the Heart Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener – Maintenance version (Used as a base coat)
- 3 coats of OPI Spoken from the Heart
- Rica Glossy Glam Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Coral (Yes)
- Name: OPI Spoken from the Heart
- Collection: OPI Hello Kitty Collection 2016
- Press Release: Click here to see the official OPI Hello Kitty Collection 2016 press release
- Colours Available in the Collection: Kitty White, Charmmy & Sugar, Let’s Be Friends, Look at My Bow!, Small + Cute = ♥, Spoken from the Heart, Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel, Super Cute in Pink, My Twin Mimmy, 5 Apples Tall, My Pal Joey & Never Have Too Mani Friends
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $12.50 CAD
- Disclosure: This was provided as a press sample by PR.
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, Nail Polish Canada, Hudson’s Bay, professional salons, BeautyBrands.com, Chatters, Dillard’s, Regis & ULTA stores & ULTA website
OPI Spoken from the Heart Review
Spoken from the Heart by OPI is a coral that, depending on the lighting, can seesaw between pink and red. It hits that sweet spot for pure nail magic!
Although we’re still in February, wearing this polish made me think of summer, heatwaves, and trying to quickly finish a Popsicle before it melts. Ahh, great times! (It hasn’t been a terrible winter, but spring can’t come soon enough.)
The no-nonsense, super-shiny jellyish creme finish allows the colour to be the star of the show. No gimmicks, bells, whistles, or kazoos. It doesn’t need the hullabaloo. It gets by flying solo. (Note: This is the first time that I’ve ever written the word ‘hullabaloo’ online…and I like it!)
Application & Formula
Spoken from the Heart by OPI glides on extremely smoothly and looks so glossy! Upon the first stroke, I already fell for the formula.
Despite it being effortless to apply, you will need to use multiple coats, unless you’re okay with some VNL (Visible Nail Line).
I used three coats, and it covered well enough that I didn’t feel the need to apply another.
Final Verdict: 9/10
While there are plenty of gorgeous nail polishes in the OPI Hello Kitty Collection, I consider OPI Spoken from the Heart to be one of the stars. Sure, it’s simple, but when you put it on your nails, it has a big, fun personality!
Do coral nail polishes scream summer to you, too? Do you prefer corals that lean pink-red or pink-orange?
This is such a pretty color. Purfect for Valentine’s Day! It looks like my “Wish List” just got longer. LOL
Thanks for sharing it with us! It looks awesome on you!!
This one’s wonderfully vibrant – definitely one if the prettiest shades in the Hello Kitty Collection!
I loved this collection, and although I wanted to get all of them I was good and only got two. But I got this one and I LOVE it. Like you said, it’s a little red, a little pink, but oh so pretty. These colors make my heart pitter-patter!! Thanks for reviewing this, I enjoy reading your reviews!! Are you going to review the blue one from this collection?
Hehe, good for your for practicing self-restraint! It can be challenging to hold back, especially when so many pretty polishes are released around the same time. Kudos to you! 🙂
So happy to hear that you are also enjoying Spoken from the Heart. I keep thinking of the summer when I see this coral.
Yes, I’ll be reviewing the blue from this collection. My Pal Joey will be up soon. I have only a few more shades and I will have done in-depth reviews on every single shade in the Hello Kitty Collection! 🙂