You already know that I’m nuts about nail polish. And now it’s nice to see a nail polish that’s nuts about me! 😉
OPI I’m Brazil Nuts Over You is a summer-worthy texture nail polish.
I was in a crummy mood, and it totally brightened my spirits. This is a fantastic colour that’s exactly in my comfort zone because it’s loud. 😉
P.S. I wore a yellow nail polish before this one, haha, and you can see it wanted to linger around my cuticles!
OPI I’m Brazil Nuts Over You Pictures
OPI I’m Brazil Nuts Over You Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI I’m Brazil Nuts Over You
- No top coat!
Natural Light Photos
- Pink (Yes, although I’d describe it more as a coral.)
- Name: OPI I’m Brazil Nuts Over You
- Collection: OPI Beach Sandies Mini Nail Lacquer Collection (part of the OPI Brazil Collection)
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Brazil Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see my Quick Look post on the OPI Beach Sandies
- Colours Available in the OPI Beach Sandies Mini Set: Samba-dy Loves Purple, I’m Brazil Nuts Over You, What’s a Little Rain Forest? & You’re So Flippy Floppy
- Amount: 3.75 mL (1/8 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets & select beauty-supply stores, spas & salons
OPI I’m Brazil Nuts Over You Review
I’m Brazil Nuts Over You by OPI is described as a pink, but I see it more like a coral because it has some strong orange undertones.
Coral is one of my favourite shades because I find it very flattering on lots of different skin tones. Plus it really reminds me of the warm weather. (I can’t take the cold well, which is funny because I live in Canada! Go figure!)
The textured finish is really cool, like sugar granules, and while it’s gritty, it’s not scratchy.
I’m a huge fan of textured nail polish because it dries very quickly, and it isn’t as hard to remove as it looks. I can often take them off very easily.
If you aren’t big on textured polishes, just add a couple of layers of top coat to smooth it out. If you only use a single top coat, it’ll absorb into the texture and the grittiness will shine through.
There’s some twinkling in this polish, but don’t expect it to be chock full of glitter. It’s a nice, subtle effect.
Application & Formula
Applying I’m Brazil Nuts Over You by OPI was a cinch. It was very pigmented, so I only needed to apply 2 coats to get opaque coverage, and it went on evenly, so I didn’t really have to worry about covering bald patches.
Although the polish is gritty, I didn’t find it difficult at all to glide onto my nails. Great consistency!
Final Verdict: 8.5/10
I wish that OPI I’m Brazil Nuts Over You came in a full-size bottle instead of only a mini because it’s totally the kind of colour that I’d wear over and over again!
Do you wear more coral in the summer? Which OPI Brazil Collection shades did you pick up? Is there another Beach Sandies shade that you want me to review next?