It’s as obvious as a fluorescent-green-and-hot-pink camouflage shirt that you love a manicure so much when you’ve worn it for 7 days straight.
That was exactly the case with OPI Gelato on My Mind, which is from the Venice Collection that I did a Quick Look post on.
It’s a soft, clean baby blue that reminds me of cloudless cartoon skies, and only on Monday night did I finally bring myself to remove it!
OPI Gelato on My Mind Pictures
OPI Gelato on My Mind Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener – Maintenance version (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Gelato on My Mind
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Icy (Yes)
- Name: OPI Gelato on My Mind
- Collection: OPI Venice Collection 2015
- Press Release: Click here to see the official OPI Venice Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see my OPI Venice Collection Quick Look post
- Colours Available in the Collection: A Great Opera-tunity, It’s a Piazza Cake, Worth a Pretty Penne, Tiramisu for Two, Amore at the Grand Canal, Gimme a Lido Kiss, Be There in a Prosecco, I Cannoli Wear OPI, Gelato on My Mind, Purple Palazzo Pants, O Suzi Mio, My Gondola or Yours?, Venice the Party? (Limited-edition), Baroque…But Still Shopping! (Limited-edition) & St. Mark’s the Spot (Limited-edition)
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $9.95 CAD
- Disclosure: This was provided as a press sample by PR.
- Where to Buy: Salons, spas, Hudson’s Bay, Nail Polish Canada & Trade Secrets
OPI Gelato on My Mind Review
Gelato on My Mind by OPI is a pale blue that reminds me of sweet dinner mints. It has maybe a slight bit of green mixed in, but I mainly see a beautiful blue!
It’s not heavily white-based – still plenty of punch to this pastel.
As I get older, I’m learning to appreciate creme polishes much more. They’re easy to apply, easy to remove, and they really highlight the colour without any distracting bells and whistles. Plus they make an excellent base for nail art!
Application & Formula
Gelato on My Mind by OPI had a liquidy consistency that was a little sheer on the first coat. Then, the second coat covered better. I stopped here because I had painted my nails at night, and I was getting sleepy. Hehe, I ended up wanting to go to bed instead of waiting to finish a third coat.
However, if you use this nail polish, I recommend that you set aside enough time to do three coats because then you’ll get full coverage.
At two coats, my nail was mostly covered, but only at certain lighting in the sun could I notice that some areas could use a little more coverage. It wasn’t very noticeable, though.
Final Verdict: 9/10
OPI Gelato on My Mind not only has a cute name, but the colour is the kind that puts me in good spirits. It’s almost like looking up at a cloudless sky, except you just peek at your nails and see it.
It’s totally worth painting three coats, but even if you paint just two like I did, it still looks great. Highly recommend this polish!
Do you like Gelato? What other shade in the OPI Venice Collection would you like to see reviewed next? Have you ever been to Venice?