In the bottle, Nicole by OPI You’re S-Teal the One is the kind of color that’s yawn-worthy.
But when I put on even the first coat, holy poopie! One ‘blue’ over the cuckoo’s nest! It wowed me like a diva singing the big note.
It’s so chock full of sparkly goodness that it’s just a touch away from having a foil finish.
This is a must-have for blue lovers if you don’t already have a similar color.
One thing’s for sure – you won’t be singing the blues when you’re wearing a hot shade like this!
Nicole by OPI You’re S-Teal the One Pictures
Nicole by OPI Iceberg Lotus Swatches
All swatches have:
- 1 coat of Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat
- 3 coats of Nicole by OPI You’re S-Teal the One
- No top coat!
√ Blue shimmer
- Name: Nicole by OPI You’re S-Teal the One
- Collection: Something About Spring Collection 2011
- Colors Available in the Nicole by OPI Something About Spring Collection: Daffy Dill, Iceberg Lotus, I’m a Pool for Love, Brilliant Idea, Pink. Seriously, Make a Comet-Ment, Dandy Lion, You’re S-Teal the One, Shell Me the Truth, Pink-Nic in the Park, Sea How Far You Go & Nicole’s Nickel
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was sent to me for honest review consideration. Retails for around $7 USD)
- Where to Buy: Target & Shoppers Drug Mart
- Exclusive? Yes, it’s only supposed to be sold at Target & Shoppers Drug Mart
Nicole by OPI You’re S-Teal the One Review
You’re S-Teal the One from the Nicole by OPI Something About Spring Collection is truly magical. The shimmer dances on your nails in any light. It’s a strong cobalt blue that’s a very flattering jewel tone.
Sometimes you can see a bit of purple creep up on the edges of your nail, which was a nice surprise. I tried to capture it with my camera, but it was pretty tough. I managed to only catch it when I snapped a picture with artificial light. In person, you can see the purple easier, but only at certain angles. The blue is way more prominent.
Application & Formula
You’re S-Teal the One has a very sheer and watery formula. Because it’s so thin and drippy, you have to be very careful when applying it, and you’ll need to use 3 coats if you don’t want any visible nail line.
The dry time was average. And even without any top coat, it dried shiny. But, you know what I’m going to say now. You should always wear a top coat for longer-lasting wear. (I recommend Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat – my Holy Grail.)
Like all the new Nicole by OPI brushes, this one was wide and flat. It was a cinch to apply a coat of polish with fewer strokes than smaller brushes.
You’re S-Teal the One has a Big-3-Free formula. But it’s not 4-Free since there’s still formaldehyde resin.
Final Verdict: 9/10
Nicole by OPI You’re S-Teal the One…True blue, baby. I love you! (Yeah, a Madonna reference never hurt anyone.) This is a spectacular polish that I enjoyed wearing. If you get your hands on it, expect to keep staring at your nails all day long!
What are your favorite blue nail polishes? Have you tried any other Nicole by OPI colors? Do you prefer creme or shimmery finishes?
Other Nicole by OPI Something About Spring Collection Colors I’ve Swatched & Reviewed: