My review on the Organic Surge Super Fresh Awakening Body Wash has been a long time coming because I’ve been using it for several weeks.
This is a new-to-me body wash. Not only have I never seen it in stores here in Canada, but I also haven’t read any reviews on it by other bloggers.
So when Organic Surge got in touch with me, I was curious to give it a go. Organic food and products always interest me.
With a sophisticated blend of spicy May Chang and uplifting Bergamot essential oils, this is definitely the most mature body wash I’ve ever used. (Typically, I tend to go for either caramel/vanilla ones that make me smell edible or fruity scents.)
Although it was a far departure than what I’m used to, I’ve learned to appreciate this, and I really like how it’s a 99% natural body wash that is free of harsh chemicals and is animal-friendly.
Organic Surge Super Fresh Awakening Body Wash Pictures
Organic Surge Super Fresh Awakening Body Wash Ingredients
Here’s a list of all the ingredients on the tube:
And here’s some more information about the ingredients from the press release:
- May Chang Essential Oil – A natural astringent that can help to relive stress
- Bergamot Essential Oil – Helps to relax naturally and has been known to help soothe skin conditions. Perfect for anyone with sensitive skin.
- Lemon Grass Essential Oil – Naturally revitalizes and awakens
- Rosemary Leaf Oil – Naturally purifies, leaving you feeling extra fresh
- Lemon Peel Oil – Naturally cleansing, lemon is celebrated for its detoxifying properties. Can help to rejuvenate dull skin.
- Mandarin Orange Peel Oil – Cleanses and detoxifies, nature’s way
- Natural Glycerine – A natural humectant which attracts moisture to the skin, helping to remain hydrated and soft
- Aloe Vera – Celebrated for its naturally calming and moisturizing properties
- Refreshing & energizing (Yes)
- Stimulates the senses (Yes)
- Invigorating fragrance (Yes)
- Name: Organic Surge Super Fresh Awakening Body Wash
- Amount: 250 mL (8.33 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by Organic Surge. Retails for £5.99, which is currently around $10.83 CAD.)
- Where to Buy: Organic Surge website, and leading retailers such as John Lewis, Peter Jones, Orcado, and the Co-op (I think those retailers are in the UK.)
Organic Surge Super Fresh Awakening Body Wash Review
If you asked me what May Chang and Bergamot smelled like before I tried this body wash, I would’ve had absolutely no idea because they are so far away from my fragrance comfort zones. I can’t think of any major beauty product I use on a regular basis that includes those notes.
What I notice when I use this Organic Surge body wash is what I can best describe as a spicy, citrus zing. Haha, yes, ZING!
When I use this in the morning to start my day, it wakes me up with a sophisticated aroma instead of something simple like a straight-up mandarin.
It contains Lemon Peel Oil and Mandarin Orange Peel Oil, so that’s where I get the citrus note. But they’re mixed with a herbal nuance, which is probably the result of Rosemary Leaf Oil, Lemon Grass Essential Oil, Bergamot Essential Oil, and May Change Essential Oil.
Together, this body wash by Organic Surge smells very grown-up, but not old-fashioned. It’s really intriguing, especially because I have never smelled or even tried anything like it. For me, this really is a novelty!
The Organic Surge body wash lathers up wonderfully, and my skin felt clean and comfortable after using it.
I didn’t feel like it stripped the natural oil from my skin, but it also didn’t feel hydrating.
According to the press release, this shower gel is suitable for all skin types, even sensitive skin. (I have sensitive skin, and I didn’t feel any irritation.)
I like the packaging because the squeeze tube has a flip-up tube that opens and shuts easily, even when your hands are obviously wet in the shower. It’s also great because you can dispense the amount you need quickly, and since the opening is at the bottom, you’ll never have to shake the tube (like a traditional ketchup bottle) to get the contents to the bottom.
The body wash by Organic Surge is animal friendly because, according to the tube, Organic Surge is against animal testing. (The press release also mentions that the product is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.)
According to the back of the tube, Organic Surge proudly supports the Baby Care Unit in Kenya Children’s Home.
It contains a lot of natural ingredients, which is a plus if you’re trying to avoid using too many harsh chemicals in your daily beauty products.
I have never heard of the retailers where this product is sold, so they’re probably more popular in the UK. There’s nothing wrong with that, but it means if you live in Canada like I do, the only way to get your hands on this awesome shower gel is from Organic Surge’s website, unless you have a friend in the UK who’s willing to ship it to you.
Final Verdict: 7.5/10
I enjoyed using this body wash because it really wakes you up, but not in a loud, obnoxious way. It’s very sophisticated!
If you have the means to get this shower gel, try it, and let me know what you think!
What is the most sophisticated scent you’re attracted to? Is there a fragrance note you smelled that you were surprised you liked? What body wash are you currently using?