Can’t afford to pay a mad scientist to create a multi-million-dollar time machine? Welcome to the club!
Instead, you can travel to the blingtastic manicure future with OPI Unfrost My Heart, which is part of the OPI Gwen Stefani Holiday Collection.
While I don’t tend to wear silver nail polish too often, when I do, this is exactly the kind I prefer – shiny, metallic, and high voltage!
Hmm, for some reason, the first time I laid eyes on this shade, I immediately thought of Arnold Schwarzenegger. Don’t worry – I’m not going completely bonkers. 😉 I pictured him wearing this on his fingertips when he was playing Mr. Freeze. It would totally coordinate with his outfit! (Plus “Unfrost My Heart” applies to his character in that film.)
If you’re into nail stamping, I feel like this would make an excellent base to help your design stand out more. (Sigh, I haven’t had much time these days to do any nail art, but maybe I can squeak something in for Hallowe’en. Not sure how much time I’ll have after work because these days, my schedule is so packed. But keep your fingers, toes, and eyes crossed!) 😉
OPI Unfrost My Heart Pictures
OPI Unfrost My Heart Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Unfrost My Heart
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Shimmery silver (Yes)
- Name: OPI Unfrost My Heart
- Collection: OPI Gwen Stefani Holiday Collection 2014
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Gwen Stefani Holiday Collection Press Release
- Colours Available in the Collection: Just BeClaus, Kiss Me – or Elf!, I Carol About You, Christmas Gone Plaid, In a Holidaze, Love is Hot and Coal, Fashion a Bow, Cinnamon Sweet, What’s Your Point-settia?, Red Fingers & Mistletoes, First Class Desires, Sleigh Parking Only, Rollin’ in Cashmere, Unfrost My Heart, I’ll Tinsel You In, Snow Globetrotter, Comet in the Sky & So Elegant
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR. Retails for $9.95 CAD.)
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, NailPolishCanada & select beauty-supply stores, spas & salons
OPI Unfrost My Heart Review
The reason why I love colours like Unfrost My Heart by OPI is because they typically are very shiny, due to the shimmery, metallic finish. And they leave your nails looking futuristic!
Silvers and greys don’t always look “right” with my skin tone, but when it’s this type of silver, I find that it looks alright. Heck, but even if it clashed, I’d still try it. You know me – I love experimenting with colour, and I’m willing to try pretty much any nail polish at least once! After all, sometimes you have to try a shade to see if it’ll work or not. But if you never try, you may never know!
The shimmery, metallic silver finish shows very slight brush strokes – nothing major. The shimmer conceals most of it. (This is typical of a lot of these kind of polishes.)
Without a top coat, Unfrost My Heart by OPI is so sparkly and full of life. Even when you slick on the shiniest top coat, it doesn’t alter or improve the finish of it!
Application & Formula
I love how effortlessly Unfrost My Heart by OPI applies! With one coat, you get pretty good coverage, but with a second, you get full opacity. (Even if you use thin coats, it covers nicely.) Usually I use medium coats, but this formula makes it easy to apply thin coats, so that’s what I used.
It goes on nice and even, and you don’t have to manipulate the polish at all. You have full control over where you want the lacquer to go.
Final Verdict: 9.5/10
OPI Unfrost My Heart is a polish that I can see myself wearing again and again because it has a lot of personality, and it’s versatile to be used as a base for nail art.
How would you wear this silver nail polish? Is there another OPI Gwen Stefani Holiday Collection shade that you’d like for me to review next? What are you planning to wear on your nails for Hallowe’en?