OPI Stay Off the Lawn!!, which is from the Washington DC Collection, is nothing to shake a stick at and be crabby about. 😉
The creme nail polish made this nail junkie’s heart beat faster. (Of course, this should come as no surprise, considering my love history with greens.)
Check out the rest of this post for a closer look and to see why it gets two green thumbs up from me!
OPI Stay Off the Lawn!! Pictures
OPI Stay Off the Lawn!! Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener – Original version (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Stay Off the Lawn!!
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
- Deep, lush green (Yes)
- Name: OPI Stay Off the Lawn!!
- Collection: OPI Washington DC Collection (Fall/Winter 2016)
- Press Release: Click here to see the OPI Washington DC Collection press release!
- Quick Look: Click here to see my OPI Washington DC Collection swatches!
- Colours Available in the Collection: Stay Off the Lawn!!, Never a Dulles Moment, Yank My Doodle, Squeaker of the House, Madam President, We the Female, Suzi – The First Lady of Nails, Pale to the Chief, Freedom of Peach, Shh…It’s Top Secret!, OPI by Popular Vote, CIA = Color is Awesome, Kerry Blossom (limited edition), “Liv” in the Gray (limited edition) & Inside the ISABELLEtway (limited edition)
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $12.50 CAD
- Disclosure: This post contains a press sample provided by PR.
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, NailPolishCanada, Macy’s, Ulta, Chatters Hair Salons & select spas, salons & beauty-supply stores
OPI Stay Off the Lawn!! Review
Stay Off the Lawn!! by OPI is a rich green that is a total Comfort Colour in this nail enthusiast’s book because it’s easy to sport – not too loud or too dark that it appears black. I love how the green is always visible, even in dim lighting.
If you tend to be intimidated by bright greens, this is a good one to try because it’s more sophisticated and can pair easily with neutrals for a classier appearance, while still lending that ‘something extra’ to your look.
When I think of the green associated with recycling, this is exactly the shade that springs to mind.
With its simple creme finish, Stay Off the Lawn!! by OPI has all the makings of a classic polish, but the green takes to the stage and gets undivided attention without the bells and whistles of a more complicated finish.
As with most cremes, this one removes easily, which means you don’t have to scrub your poor paws raw at the end of its manicure life.
Application & Formula
Painting with OPI Stay Off the Lawn!! was dreamy because the formula is highly pigmented. One coat covered exceptionally well, but, out of habit, I applied two coats. (You won’t need more than this to achieve full opacity.)
Just like all the newer OPI nail colours, this one is no different in that it doesn’t contain Formaldehyde, Toluene, or DBP.
Final Verdict: 9.5/10
I fell hard for OPI Stay Off the Lawn!! because the shade is an easygoing green that offers a sophisticated twist and a formula that’s a pleasure to paint with! The pigmented formula is a winner!
Do you wear green nail polish regularly, sport it for special occasions, or have yet to try it?
Great color. Perfect for fall. I’m curious, how does it compare to Jade is the New Black from the Hong Kong Collection a few years back? Thanks for sharing! It looks great on you!
Off the top of my head, I think that Stay Off the Lawn is a bit darker than Jade Is the New Black. (That was another great green!)