OPI O Suzi Mio from the Venice Collection reminded me of a vampire’s cloak, which makes it very timely, as we’re approaching Hallowe’en! (Ahh – I haven’t done any ghoulish or spooky nail looks yet.)
This purple creme reminds me of when I first started collecting nail polish more seriously in 2008. Violets, lavenders, midnight orchids, eggplants, and plums were my jam, and even to this day, they represent the largest portion of my stash. (Yup – even more so than green, my new love!)
A rich purple like this looks mysteriously gothic on just about anyone, and when you’re not in the mood for brights, OPI O Suzi Mio is a great choice!
OPI O Suzi Mio Pictures
OPI O Suzi Mio Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener – Maintenance version (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI O Suzi Mio
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Bold eggplant (Yes)
- Name: OPI O Suzi Mio
- Collection: OPI Venice Collection 2015
- Press Release: Click here to see the official OPI Venice Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see my OPI Venice Collection Quick Look post
- Colours Available in the Collection: A Great Opera-tunity, It’s a Piazza Cake, Worth a Pretty Penne, Tiramisu for Two, Amore at the Grand Canal, Gimme a Lido Kiss, Be There in a Prosecco, I Cannoli Wear OPI, Gelato on My Mind, Purple Palazzo Pants, O Suzi Mio, My Gondola or Yours?, Venice the Party? (Limited-edition), Baroque…But Still Shopping! (Limited-edition) & St. Mark’s the Spot (Limited-edition)
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $9.95 CAD
- Disclosure: This was provided as a press sample by PR.
- Where to Buy: Hudson’s Bay, Nail Polish Canada, Trade Secrets & select beauty shops/spas/salons
OPI O Suzi Mio Review
O Suzi Mio by OPI is a dark purple that, in most lighting, doesn’t appear black, but it can lean very close to it.
There’s an air of mystery surrounding it because it has gothic sensibilities and great depth.
The creamy finish is wonderfully glossy, and it never looks flat or dull. It’s like a polished gemstone viewed through the lens of midnight.
Application & Formula
O Suzi Mio by OPI has a thin formula, and with the first coat, it was streaky. I needed to use two coats to get the coverage I was looking for.
Since the hue was so dark, two coats was pretty good. If there was any small patchiness left, you’d really have to inspect your nails in bright light.
Final Verdict: 7.5/10
These days, I’ve been really feeling dark nails. Now that we’re approaching winter, O Suzi Mio by OPI is for my nails what a cozy, seasonally appropriate turtleneck is during the cooler temperatures.
What’s on your nails today? Do you tend to match your toenails to your fingernails? When you’re in a gothic mood, what shade do you reach for first?