*Trumpets blare* Guess what? With this review of OPI Lost My Bikini in Molokini, I’ve now finished reviewing every single one of the 12 shades in the OPI Hawaii Collection! 🙂
Although last, it’s certainly not least. OPI Lost My Bikini in Molokini is one of my favourites from the collection because it reminds me of when I first started seriously collecting nail polish back in 2008.
My first love was purple before it took a backseat to green. 😉
With the weather warming up and spring just a few days away, it’s great to look at a fun colour – reminds me of spring!
P.S. Don’t forget! You still have time to enter my OPI Hawaii Collection Giveaway for your chance to win all 12 colours! (Ends Friday March 13, 2015 at 11:59 pm EST. Open to Canada and US residents.)
OPI Lost My Bikini in Molokini Pictures
OPI Lost My Bikini in Molokini Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of OPI Lost My Bikini in Molokini
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Purple (Yes)
- Name: OPI Lost My Bikini in Molokini
- Collection: OPI Hawaii Collection 2015
- Giveaway: Click here to enter my OPI Hawaii Collection Giveaway (Open to Canada & US residents until March 13th, 2015 at 11:59 pm EST)
- Press Release & Quick Look: Click here to see my OPI Hawaii Collection swatches, bottle shots & the official press release
- Media Launch Recap: I attended the exclusive OPI Hawaii Collection Media Launch. Click here to read my recap post!
- Colours Available in the Collection: That’s Hula-rious!, My Gecko Does Tricks, Do You Take Lei Away?, Is Mai Tai Crooked?, Go with the Lava Flow, Aloha from OPI, Suzi Shops & Island Hops, Just Lanai-ing Around, Hello Hawaii Ya?, This Color’s Making Waves, Lost My Bikini in Molokini & Pineapples Have Peelings Too!
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $9.95 CAD (I paid nothing, as this was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: NailPolishCanada, Trade Secrets & select spas, salons & beauty-supply stores
OPI Lost My Bikini in Molokini Review
Lost My Bikini in Molokini by OPI reminds me of Grimace from McDonaldland. Do you remember it? When I was very little, McDonald’s had more characters than just the clown with red hair that you see today. (Grimace was purple and similar to this shade!)
This medium purple adds a fun punch to your fingertips, and especially since spring is coming up, I’m really looking forward to sporting brighter colours.
Lost My Bikini in Molokini by OPI has a simple creme finish, which allows the hue to shine without the need for bells or whistles.
Application & Formula
It went on smoothly, and I only felt the need to use two coats to get full opacity. It was easy to work with, and it’s the type of formula that OPI is known for.
Final Verdict: 8/10
Lost My Bikini in Molokini by OPI is a fun purple to wear. Don’t wait for spring to rock it – wear purples like this anytime when you want to sport a manicure with some punch!
What’s your favourite purple polish? If you started collecting nail polishes, which shade was your first love? Which are your top picks from the OPI Hawaii Collection?