OPI Let’s Be Friends from the Hello Kitty Collection is a heavy white-based pale pink. It resembles a strawberry that just saw a ghost…if that has ever happened.
This is great for nail-polish enthusiasts like me who rarely wear a solid white lacquer. OPI Let’s Be Friends has just enough pink to give it colour, yet it still has that fresh appeal like a white polish.
Darker and vivid hues are more my speed, but when I need a break from them or when I’m looking for something light for the winter, this is the type of shade that I like to wear for a breather. It’s easy, clean, and simple.
OPI Let’s Be Friends Pictures
All of the nail polishes in the OPI Hello Kitty Collection feature a special wrapper on the handle with this cute pattern!
OPI Let’s Be Friends Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener – Maintenance version (Used as a base coat)
- 3 coats of OPI Let’s Be Friends
- Rica Glossy Glam Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Cotton-candy pink (Yes)
- Name: OPI Let’s Be Friends
- Collection: OPI Hello Kitty Collection 2016
- Press Release: Click here to see the official OPI Hello Kitty Collection 2016 press release
- Colours Available in the Collection: Kitty White, Charmmy & Sugar, Let’s Be Friends, Look at My Bow!, Small + Cute = ♥, Spoken from the Heart, Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel, Super Cute in Pink, My Twin Mimmy, 5 Apples Tall, My Pal Joey & Never Have Too Mani Friends
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- Retail Price: $12.50 CAD
- Disclosure: This was provided as a press sample by PR.
- Where to Buy: Trade Secrets, Nail Polish Canada, Hudson’s Bay, professional salons, BeautyBrands.com, Chatters, Dillard’s, Regis & ULTA stores & ULTA website
OPI Let’s Be Friends Review
Let’s Be Friends by OPI is a pink that lightened up. (Maybe it grabbed a few friends and went to a comedy club or something!) 😉
It creates a manicure that conjures up dreams of strawberry shortcakes, cotton candy, ice-cream sundaes, and root-beer floats. (Perhaps my sweet tooth is typing this. It’s hard to type with your teeth.) 😛
What I love about this pale pink is that it has a clean and fresh appearance without being too overly stark like a snowy white.
This milky creme is simple with no gimmicks. Nothing distracts you from the colour, and the finish is what keeps the nail polish looking clean and put together.
It’s also a breeze to remove, so you don’t have to worry about scrubbing your fingers raw and red.
Application & Formula
Most of the milky pink nail polishes that I’ve worn tend to be streaky and require more than two coats to achieve full opacity.
Let’s Be Friends by OPI is no exception. The first coat was streaky, the second still showed some small bald patches, and the third coat covered everything evenly.
The formula was easy to apply. I recommend using thin coats because medium or thick coats won’t necessarily give you more coverage – it may just pool in areas on your nails that you don’t want it to. With thin coats, this formula is more manageable.
Final Verdict: 7/10
The oh-so-sweet Let’s Be Friends by OPI captures the look of cotton candy from the fair! It’s nothing fancy, but it leaves your nails looking put together and fresh. I think it’s great for those who maybe are more conservative with their polish choices and prefer a softer shade that’s still elegant and easy-to-sport.
Will you be wearing a pink nail polish for Valentine’s Day? Do you prefer muted or vibrant pinks?