What better way to start off the week than with a fun yellow that reminds me of sunshine and egg yolks? 🙂
If you like happy yellow nail polishes like Nicole by OPI Hit the Lights and Orly Spark, I think you’ll also like Nicole by OPI Lemon Lolly! (This is a Shoppers Drug Mart-exclusive shade, in case any fellow Canadians are wondering.)
It’s part of the Nicole by OPI Gumdrops Collection that features matte texture.
Yes, I’m still on board the texture-nail trend. Hope it stays with us for a long time!
P.S. Remember, you can still vote for my snake nail-art design in the Nicole by OPI Blogger Challenge! Click here to vote by July 19, 2013!
Nicole by OPI Lemon Lolly Pictures
Nicole by OPI Lemon Lolly Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of Nicole by OPI Lemon Lolly
- No top coat!
Natural Light Photos
- Lemon Lolly (Yes) – I don’t have a written description of this, so I just used the shade’s name as one of the claims for the colour.
- Name: Nicole by OPI Lemon Lolly
- Collection: Nicole by OPI Gumdrops Collection 2013
- Press Release: Click here to see the Nicole by OPI Gumdrops Collection press release
- Colours Available in the Collection: Lemon Lolly, That’s What I Mint, I Lilac Gumdrops, My Cherry Amour, Candy is Dandy, Cinna-man of My Dreams, Blue-Berry Sweet on You & A-Nise Treat
- Amount: 15 mL (0.5 oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: Shoppers Drug Mart
- Exclusive? Yes! This is exclusive to Shoppers Drug Mart, PR told me. Edit: Some readers have told me that this is available exclusively in CVS in the United States.
Nicole by OPI Lemon Lolly Review
Nicole by OPI Lemon Lolly is a sunshine yellow that looks bright and happy. It’s perfect for when you need a change from dark polishes. It puts a spring in your step.
Some of the glitter caught the light and appeared slightly lighter, so it helped the overall appearance from looking flat. Glitzy, but not a disco ball.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t wear yellows too often, so when I do, it’s a fun novelty that I really appreciate.
It has a great matte texture finish that’s so popular. There’s noticeable grittiness, but it’s not sharp. Also, it’s easier to remove than it looks. (I remember the first time I tried a textured polish, I thought it would be like cement to remove. Surprisingly, it comes off easier than a traditional glitter.)
As with all the textured polishes I’ve tried, this one’s no exception – it dries pretty quickly. I love this because sometimes you don’t have much time, but you still want to sport a nice manicure. This is the perfect choice!
Yes, you can apply a shiny top coat to smooth it out and to bring out the sparkle, but I’m so head-over-heels in love with the finish that I always want to wear it as-is. A polish purist? 😉
Application & Formula
Nicole by OPI Lemon Lolly applied easily. Although it looks like it’d be thick and clumpy, it actually was very easy to apply a medium coat.
With just 2 coats, I achieved full opacity. For a textured polish, this is pretty typical. It seems like textured polishes are more pigmented.
Final Verdict: 9/10
Nicole by OPI Lemon Lolly was such a fun colour to wear that I wore it for several days straight. It really brightens not just your nails, but your mood, too!
This is one of my favourite yellows to wear because it’s not fussy like a lot of yellows are. And I didn’t have to use tons of coats to get full coverage. That’s always a bonus!
What yellow nail polish would you recommend I try? Do you remember the most recent yellow you wore? Do you tend to wear yellow more in the spring and summer than in the fall and winter?