Jergens Naturals Ultra Hydrating Daily Moisturizer Review

** This post was written by Fiona. She no longer blogs for Swatch And Learn. However, Mary still continues to blog and will be happy to reply to your comment. **

The skin on your body is just as important as the skin on your face. So make sure your body takes advantage of nighttime rejuvenation by applying a moisturizer!

The product I recommend is the Jergens Naturals Ultra Hydrating Daily Moisturizer. The packaging says it “doubles skin hydration instantly.” Well, I don’t know if it increases your skin’s moisture by 100%, but I will say it does a darn good job as a moisturizer.

It’s not just for bedtime, either. Apply some right after you get out of the shower (when your skin is still damp) to lock in the moisture for super-smooth skin!

Jergens Naturals Ultra Hydrating Daily Moisturizer Pictures

Taken from


    Increases hydration
    For intensely rich & touchably soft skin

Key Notes

  • Name: Jergens Naturals Ultra Hydrating Daily Moisturizer
  • Amount: 480ml
  • What I Paid: $3.99 CAD (was on sale; retails for $8.99)
  • Price Per Unit: $0.01/ml (reg. price $0.02/ml)
  • Related Products: Naturals Total Nourishment Daily Moisturizer, Naturals Skin Renewing Daily Moisturizer
  • Where to Buy: Drugstores, big-box stores,

Jergens Naturals Ultra Hydrating Daily Moisturizer Review

I honestly don’t know how the other two products differ from this Jergens Naturals Ultra Hydrating moisturizer. Don’t all moisturizers hydrate and soften skin? Anyway, I randomly chose the Ultra Hydrating one, and I absolutely love it.

Formerly the Jergens Naturals Hydrate Daily Moisturizer, this lotion has a thick consistency, but it is in no way sticky. I’m amazed at how fast and easily it absorbs! I don’t feel sticky afterwards, nor does it make my clothing cling to me like static-ridden Saran wrap.

I personally wouldn’t mind if it moisturizes my skin even more; however, this has enough hydration for a daily moisturizer, I think. With everyday use, it keeps my skin soft without making me feel like I’m using too much.

The downside is that it is fragranced. So if you want a scentless moisturizer, the Jergens Naturals Ultra Hydrating lotion isn’t for you. The fragrance is sweet, and it does last quite a long time. But good news: it’s very soft and subtle that it doesn’t bother the nose (not my nose at least). I actually like how it smells.

If you’re eco-conscious, this Jergens Naturals moisturizer will score points with you. It is marketed as 95% natural; Jergens states that the other 5% of ingredients are to make the product safe to use and more enjoyable. Plus, the packaging is recyclable.

  • Nice, subtle scent
  • Doesn’t feel sticky
  • Absorbs quickly
  • Easy to spread
  • Recyclable packaging
  • 95% natural formula with no paraben
  • Cruelty-free

  • Less hydration than I’d hoped
  • Scent might not be for everyone

Final Verdict: 9/10

This Jergens Naturals lotion is an affordable drugstore-brand moisturizer that does the job well. It just goes to show that good skincare doesn’t always have to cost a lot.

Have you tried the Total Nourishment or Skin Renewing moisturizers? I’d love to hear what your experience is like!

This product was Fiona’s winner for the 2010 Breakout Star Award.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge