Let’s go green together!
Here’s a simple look you can create that literally takes under 5 minutes.
I’m a beginner when it comes to using eye-shadow brushes to blend the colors, so I was pleased with how this turned out – colorful, but not too loud. Can’t wait to try more complex and bold eye looks. Hopefully with a lot more practice, I’ll get better…and you can follow me along on my eye-shadow journey!
Eye of the Day Pictures:
Pardon my unruly brows. Please focus on the eye look, not the brows. Also, I realize this look would be more dramatic (and complete) with black mascara, but I don’t like to wear mascara every day – used to, but I’ve been keeping my eyelashes natural for a few years now.
What do you think of this? Hit or miss? Got any suggestions for how I can improve my blending or application techniques? I want to know, so please leave a comment whether you love it or hate it. And if you’re interested in reviews on anything I used, let me know, too.
What I Used:
- Urban Decay Primer Potion (Eden)
- NYX Eyeshadow Trio (Serengeti) – the yellow shadow on upper & lower lids
- NYX Single Eye Shadow (Hunter Green) – outer V & crease
- NYX Eyeshadow Trio (Hippie-Chic) – the eggshell shadow as a highlight on brow bones
- Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (Blackest Black) – upper lashline
- CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus Eye Pencil (Black Onyx) – lower lashline
- Sigma SS239 (E55) Eye Shading Brush – to pack on yellow shadow
- MAC 217 Blending Brush – to sweep on green shadow & to blend colors together
- Quo All Over Eye Shadow Brush – to apply highlight
Very cute!!! I love greens!
Thanks, Marian! 🙂 I’ll be posting some more green eye looks again. It’s fun to experiment! Been thinking about doing a crazy red-and-yellow look, too.