** This post was written by Fiona. She no longer blogs for Swatch And Learn. However, Mary still continues to blog and will be happy to reply to your comment. **
Blush? I never thought I needed it. Until… My parents kept asking me if I was sick every time they saw me because I looked pale and had no healthy coloring. (Thanks, Mom. Thanks, Dad.) Needless to say, that was when I started looking into blushes.
Which is why I was so excited when I got the Everyday Minerals SoCo Blush! It was created to “celebrate the gorgeous women of Austin.” But no worries. You don’t have to live there to enjoy this shade. It has a femininely pink tone to it, but it’s not girly at all – I think women of all ages (living anywhere) can pull off this color.
Everyday Minerals SoCo Blush Swatches & Pictures
- √ Super light
√ Effortless to use
√ Clean, natural & gorgeous with one sweep
√ Unabashedly feminine
- Name: Everyday Minerals SoCo Blush
- Amount: 0.19 oz. or 5.5g (big pot)
- What I Paid: $0 (Sent by Everyday Minerals for my honest review.)
- Retail Prices: $8 USD for big pot & $2.50 USD for sample pot
- Other Colors Available:
- Matte: Apple, Daydream, Email Me, Nick Nack, Once and Again, Plum Dust, Soft Touch, Weekend Getaway, All Smiles, Best Friends, Time Share, Wild Vines
- Sheen: Snooze Bar, Waffle Cone, Corner Office, New Car Smell, Walkee Talkee, Summer Stroll, Snuggle, Salon Fun, Sprung!, Raw Sugar Blush, Truly Tiger, Bollywood & Like Lady Bird Lake
- Shimmer: Girl’s Day, Tea Time, Pink Ribbon, Theme Park, Sand Cherry & Come What May
- Where to Buy: Everyday Minerals website
Everyday Minerals Cheek SoCo Blush Review
Not only did I think that I didn’t need blush, I also thought I couldn’t wear it. Boy, was I ever wrong. At first, I tried Everyday Minerals SoCo very, very lightly just to get used to it. What I got was a healthy pinkish glow coming from my skin.
Then I started applying it a little heavier, and now I really enjoy showing off this corally-pink color. It’s easy to build just the right amount with Everyday Minerals SoCo. I usually start off with a tiny bit because it’s very pigmented and blend more in depending on my mood.
I like the consistency of Everyday Minerals Cheek SoCo Blush, too. The mineral is fine and not chunky at all, and it goes on very smoothly. I have tried it with a duo-fiber brush and a regular blush brush; both gave me good results.
Now. The only thing that doesn’t score 100% in my books is the longevity on skin. It doesn’t last me the entire day! When it’s time to leave work, I can still see a bit of color left, but it’s definitely not the same as in the morning. This can be because I have dry skin though, and powder blushes are not my best friends. (Mary reports that Everyday Minerals blushes stay on the entire day for her.) Sigh!
Final Verdict: 8.8/10
Everyday Minerals Cheek SoCo Blush has made its way into my morning makeup routine. My worry is: since I use so little of it with good color payoff, I wonder if I can ever finish the pot. Hmm.
Do you have a favorite blush that you go to every day, or do you like to switch things up depending on your mood?