No photos can ever do Essie Leggy Legend justice – it’s one of those polishes that looks even better in person!
Still, I tried to capture some of its beauty to share a taste of how majestic it is.
Essie Leggy Legend is from the Fall 2015 Collection that’s set to officially hit stores on August 25th, although I’ve already seen it online.
Although it’s advertised as a bronze, I think it’s so much more than that, and I explain why later in this post.
Essie Leggy Legend Pictures
Essie Leggy Legend Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of Essie Leggy Legend
- Rica Glossy Glam Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Bronze (Yes)
- Name: Essie Leggy Legend
- Collection: Essie Fall 2015 Collection
- Press Release: Click here to see the official Essie Fall 2015 Collection press release!
- Quick Look: Click here to see my Quick Look post on the Essie Fall 2015 Collection!
- Colours Available in the Collection: Color Binge, Leggy Legend, Frock ‘n Roll, With the Band, In the Lobby & Bell-Bottom Blues
- Amount: 13.5 mL (0.46 oz)
- Retail Price: $9.99 CAD
- Disclosure: This was provided as a press sample by PR.
- Where to Buy: Drugstores, salons & beauty-supply stores starting August 25th, 2015. (Looks like it’s already available at NailPolishCanada, though.)
Essie Leggy Legend Review
I did my best to capture the colour of Leggy Legend by Essie, but maybe I don’t have a powerful enough lens. (I’m just using the standard one that came with my camera. No upgrades yet because I can’t afford a new lens.)
This nail polish is so much more interesting than just a bronze. And while I can’t show you this in photos, allow me to describe what I saw with my eyes.
There’s a sprinkling of copper throughout, and I also spotted a hint of other colours that are subtly there.
The overall appearance is predominantly bronze, but when you inspect your nails closer, you’ll get the interesting little surprise I mentioned. Pretty cool, and I wasn’t expecting it!
It really fit into the fall collection because it makes me think of the leaves in autumn, as well as cozy lattes with pumpkin and spices. (Ahhhh! I’m so looking forward to autumn – my favourite season!)
The base of Leggy Legend by Essie is metallic, and there’s lot of dense shimmer throughout, which makes your manicure look so regal.
Application & Formula
I absolutely loved how pigmented and dense this formula was because even with the initial coat, I got impressive coverage. Then, I use a second coat to ensure that everything was even and to intensify the colour.
This polish is very easy to work with – not too thin, but not too thick.
Final Verdict: 9.5/10
Leggy Legend by Essie is like fall in a bottle, and I’m all about that autumn life! 😉
If you’re looking for a polish that has a cozy feel to it and that’s a majestic as a lion on the prowl, you will fall head over heels and toenails for this one like I have.
What shade represents ‘fall in a bottle’ to you? Are there other colours in the Essie Fall 2015 Collection that you’d like to see me review next?