Last week, I wore Essie Groove is in the Heart, which is part of the upcoming Neon 2015 Collection that comes out at the end of May.
No, it’s not the brightest neon pink that I’ve ever worn, but it sure is cute!
When my co-worker saw my manicure, she mentioned how it reminded her of strawberry milk, which I think is a spot-on description.
Pink nail polish isn’t my favourite, but from time to time, I enjoy it because it’s different than my usual greens.
Essie Groove is in the Heart Pictures
Essie Groove is in the Heart Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of Essie Groove is in the Heart
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Artificial Light Photos
Natural Light Photos
- Peachy pink (Yes)
- Name: Essie Groove is in the Heart
- Collection: Essie Neon 2015 Collection
- Press Release: Click here to see the official Essie Neon 2015 Collection press release
- Quick Look: Click here to see my Essie Neon 2015 Collection Quick Look post
- Colours Available in the Collection: Make Some Noise, Groove is in the Heart, Coacha-bella, All Access Pass, Melody Maker & Vibrant Vibes
- Amount: 13.5 mL (0.5 oz)
- Retail Price: $9.95 CAD (This nail polish was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: At the end of May, it should be available at places like Trade Secrets, select spas, salons & beauty supply stores. (It may also be available at NailPolishCanada at that time.)
Essie Groove is in the Heart Review
Groove is in the Heart by Essie is a pink with a touch of peach. Sometimes when I looked at it, I saw coral, but most times, the ‘strawberry milk’ quality shone through.
This is the type of pink that will appeal to people of all ages, whether you’re in grade school or law school.
While some pinks are difficult for me to pull off, I felt like, due to the vibrant nature of this, it didn’t clash with my skin tone.
Before adding a glossy top coat, I noticed that it was creamy and dried with a shiny finish. (A lot of searing neons tend to dry down to a matte or satin finish.)
Application & Formula
Groove is in the Heart by Essie looked streaky on the initial coat, but when I applied a second, everything evened out nicely and gave me excellent coverage.
If you look very closely at your nails when you wear this pink polish, you may see slight streaks, but they’re not noticeable at a normal viewing distance. But, if it bothers you, you could rectify it with a third, thin coat.
For my manicure, I only wore two coats, and I was very pleased with the coverage. I didn’t feel the need to apply a third, and I wore the manicure for several days straight.
Final Verdict: 7.5/10
If you like girly manicures that look as sweet as cotton candy at the carnival, you’ll really enjoy Groove is in the Heart by Essie! It’s playful, sweet, and adds a punch of colour without being shocking.
What is your most-reached-for pink nail polish? If you could create your signature nail colour in collaboration with Essie, what would it look like? What colour screams summer and warm weather to you?