Weeks ago, I wore Essie Flowerista, which comes from the Essie Spring 2015 Collection!
Let me tell you – I’ve had enough of winter and couldn’t be more excited about spring officially coming in a few days.
This pink-based purple is just what my nails needed back when winter had dreary mornings.
Thankfully, the mornings lately have been full of sunshine, which is like Mother Nature’s pep talk to begin the day! 🙂
Essie Flowerista is a great way to introduce colour to your nails – it’s easy to wear, but it adds a fun pop of colour to satisfy the craving.
P.S. Today is Friday the 13th, but it’s going to be a nailphile’s lucky day. It’s your last chance to enter my OPI Hawaii Collection Giveaway (open to Canadian and US residents) – Ends tonight at 11:59 pm EDT!
Essie Flowerista Pictures
Essie Flowerista Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of Essie Flowerista
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Plum (Yes)
- Name: Essie Flowerista
- Collection: Essie Spring 2015 Collection
- Press Release: Click here to see the official Essie Spring 2015 Collection press release!
- Quick Look: Click here to see my Quick Look post on the Essie Spring 2015 Collection with lots of swatches!
- Colours Available in the Collection: Flowerista, Petal Pushers, Garden Variety, Blossom Dandy, Picked Perfect & Perennial Chic
- Amount: 13.5 mL (0.5 oz)
- Retail Price: $9.99 CAD (I paid nothing, as this was provided by PR.)
- Where to Buy: NailPolishCanada, Trade Secrets stores & select spas, salons & beauty-supply stores
Essie Flowerista Review
Flowerista by Essie is a fun-loving plum that’s a joy to wear, especially after a dreary winter of darkness. It adds a lively pop of colour that I welcomed like warm weather!
This is the type of colour that I think would be flattering on a wide variety of skin tones because it provides a nice contrast. (It’s definitely a shade that I feel is very easy to wear, and you can’t pigeon-hole it into one season. This shade could easily be worn all year long!)
The creme finish is beautiful and simple, which you know I love because it allows the colour to bask in the spotlight! (Also, a creme is easy peasy to remove – no hassles!)
Application & Formula
I loved how smooth and easy this lacquer glided on, and it covered my nails so well with just two coats! Glossy and gorgeous – just the way I love my manicure! 😉
Final Verdict: 8/10
Flowerista by Essie is a great polish that I really enjoyed wearing! It’s extremely easy to wear and falls within my ‘comfort polish’ category.
If you’re a fan of pops of colour, I think you’ll love this one. It’s not too crazy, but I think it’ll appeal to a wide variety of nailphiles because it’s bold without being in your face.
Are you a fan of Essie nail polish? What was the most recent Essie nail polish you wore? What transitional colour makes you think of the spring?