China Glaze Just Be-Claws is another stunning shade from the Happy HoliGlaze Collection. (They’re really on a roll for this Christmas collection!)
If you liked the way OPI Underneath the Mistletoe looked, I think you’ll probably also adore China Glaze Just Be-Claws.
While they’re very different polishes (and you can certainly justify owning both), what makes them like cousins instead of sisters is how the glitter looks so sparkly, as though you’re gazing upon treasures at the bottom of the ocean.
This jewel-toned red is very luxurious, and I really loved wearing it!
China Glaze Just Be-Claws Pictures
China Glaze Just Be-Claws Swatches
All swatches have:
- OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener (Used as a base coat)
- 2 coats of China Glaze Just Be-Claws
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Natural Light Photos
- Red with an aluminum-like mirror finish (Yes)
- Name: China Glaze Just Be-Claws
- Collection: China Glaze Happy HoliGlaze Collection 2013
- Press Release: Click here to see the China Glaze Happy HoliGlaze Collection press release
- Colours Available in the Collection: There’s Snow One Like You, Elfin’ Around, Just Be-Claws, Santa Red My List, Put a Bow on It, Be Merry, Be Bright, All Wrapped Up, Your Present Required, So Blue Without You, Bells Will Be Blinging, Mingle with Kringle, This Is Tree-mendous, Travel in Colour (top coat)
- Amount: 14 mL (0.5 fl. oz.)
- What I Paid: Nothing! (This was provided by China Glaze.)
- Where to Buy: NailPolishCanada, Head2Toe, Nailsupplies, 8ty8Beauty & Sally Beauty Supply stores
China Glaze Just Be-Claws Review
Just Be-Claws by China Glaze is more interesting than the usual ‘Santa Claus Reds’ because there’s a lot of depth to it.
This is exactly the kind of nail polish that you can’t help but stare at and admire throughout the day and the type that random strangers will comment on. It’s a looker!
I love how saturated it is and how it always looks vibrant without being a bright primary red.
Wow, the finish is spectacular because the base is a super shimmery near-metallic. But then you get the awesome glitter thrown into the mix, which makes this lacquer look like it’s on fire!
Application & Formula
What a lovely formula this has! Just Be-Claws by China Glaze goes on smoothly, and you’ll only need 2 coats to get full coverage. I used medium coats, but you could probably still get this opacity if you used 2 thin coats because it’s very pigmented.
As with many red nail polishes, you need to spend a little extra time cleaning your cuticles because this really wants to cling on.
Final Verdict: 9.5/10
Just Be-Claws by China Glaze is so gorgeous that I highly recommend you get this if you want a festive red with glitter that has that Wow Factor!
What does your ideal red nail polish look like? Have you finished all your holiday shopping? (I still have a few people on my list.) Can you believe that we’re already in December? (Time’s flying right by!)